Summit Virtual Academy
Weekly Update - Week of April 03, 2023
Spring Break Edition
Good afternoon, Blackhawks, and Happy Spring Break Friday! I would like to highlight two important pieces to this week's newsletter regarding 2023/2024 Summit Virtual Academy applications and state mandated Spring testing. This information has been shared, but it is on important topics that are fast approaching. Be sure to read below for important details regarding these two subjects. I hope this coming week of Spring Break allows you time to make memories with friends, families, and loved ones. While students are in no way expected to work on school work over Spring Break, you do continue to have access to materials should you chose to do so. April 14 marks the official half way point in the semester. At this time, students should be 50% complete with their classes and earning a passing grade. Be safe, and read on!
Have a great weekend, and Go Blackhawks!
Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3! With Added Details
- Elementary - MSTEP testing will be completed in May. Students will come in person to Harvey Swanson Elementary School for testing and will need chromebooks and chargers. More details to come.
- Middle School - MSTEP and PSAT8 testing will be completed on April 12 and April 13. Testing will take place at BMS. Students should plan to be to school testing from 8:00am - 11:00am.
- High School - PSAT for 9th and 10th graders, SAT/MSTEP/Work Keys for 11th graders. PSAT 9 and SAT testing will take place on April 12 at Brandon High School. Be to the school by 7:10. If students arrive after testing has begun, they will not be allowed to test. Please bring a number 2 pencil, water, and calculator. Work Keys and PSAT 10 will be on April 13 at Brandon High School. Be here by 7:10. More details to come. MSTEP for 11th grade will take place on April 18. Chromebooks and chargers will be needed for this test. More details to come.
Summit Virtual Academy Application for 2023-2024 - DUE TONIGHT
Click here to access the application.
Spring Break Expectations
OSTC Options for 2023
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- March 24 - Summit Virtual Academy for the 2023/2024 school year are due
- March 24 - April 02: Spring Break, No School
- April 12 at 7:10am: SAT and PSAT 9 testing for 9th and 11th graders at BHS
- April 13 at 7:10am: ACT/WorkKeys testing and PSAT 10 testing for 10th and 11th graders at BHS
- April 18 at 7:10am: MSTEP testing for 11th graders at BHS
Food Pantry For Those in Need
Brandon School District School Closing Guidelines
Reminder of Expectations
- Expect your student to work for roughly 45-60 minutes per day, per course
- By now, you should have been reached out to by a counselor regarding your course progress. These will happen once a week. It is extremely important that you respond to communication. Please note that the student needs to respond and be in communication, not just the parent(s).
- Your main point of contact for content specific questions is your course instructor. If you need help doing so, don't hesitate to reach out to us at 248-627-1820.
Link for elementary overview: https://e.edmentum.com/eoa-getting-started-students-parents-caregivers/
Instructional Model overview for online learning (last page has links embedded to parent orientation presentations):