Accessing eBooks & Online Databases
Classical Center at Brandenburg
myON through Ready Hub
- Students will login into Ready Hub to access myON eBooks using their Clever username and password.
- Students have access to a personalized literacy environment with unlimited access to more than 7,000 enhanced digital books matched to each students interest, grade, and Lexile™ reading level. myON™ is available 24/7, year-round for independent reading and teacher assignments. Students can read at home, at school, in the library, in community centers, even on a bus or in a car. They can read online on any web-enabled device, including tablets, notebooks, and desktop computers. They can also download up to 20 books at a time to read offline. Free mobile apps for iPads, Android devices, Chromebooks, and Kindle Fire HD are available.
- Garland ISD students also have access to Renaissance myON News™, powered by News-O-Matic. myON™ News delivers age-appropriate news articles for students, reporting on timely topics and current events through a series of five daily news articles. Available in English, Spanish, and French, articles cover a wide variety of topics from current events, art, entertainment, science, technology, and more.
eBooks through the Library Catalog
The easiest way to check out these eBooks is to login into the library catalog: https://LibraryGarlandISD.FollettDestiny.com or the library app in Ready Hub.
- Choose Brandenburg Middle School under Middle Schools.
- Click on the Catalog tab at the top left of the page.
- Click on the Destiny Discover tab along the left hand side of the screen.
- Login using your student ID#. The password for students is gisd.
- eBooks will be listed above all other library books - Click on See all on the far right.
- Browse through the titles. On the right, you can filter your search by Author, Subject, Genre, etc.
- When you find a book you want, you can check it out, unless it's already out. If it's already checked out to someone else, you can put a hold on it.
- You can read the eBook from your computer, through the library catalog, or you can download the Destiny Read app to your phone. This is a new app that replaces the old Destiny Discover app. It has a blue background with a white oblong symbol and an orange bookmark. It is easy to use! It will automatically download the book for you. eBooks are checked out for 21 calendar days and will automatically be returned at the end of the 21 days. If you finish early, you can return it early by clicking on remove and then return.
eBooks on the Catalog through Destiny Discover (Chromebook)
- On the chromebook, students will log into Ready Hub. Then they will click on the green library book icon, the word library is below it.
- A box will pop up asking students to select school (Brandenburg), they will have to scroll past the elementary schools until they see middle schools listed. They will only have to select their school the first time.
- Click the catalog tab, then click Destiny Discover tab, click login with GISD username/password, scroll down to ebooks and hit show all.
- They can also filter their eBooks search by clicking the filter icon on the left. It will also let them narrow their search by author, subject, genre, series, published, etc.
- Once they find an eBook they want to read, they can click open to begin reading. They don't need to click checkout. If they want the ebook read to them, they can hit the play button at the top right. The voice options icon will allow them to adjust the speed of the voice, highlight options, and language. The display options icon can change the font size, page layout, and color theme. The other icons are bookmark, notes/highlight, and search.
eBooks through MackinVia
- On the Internet browser, if you are logged into Destiny on the Library Catalog, you will go to the home page and click on the black MackinVia icon on the right side of the page and then follow the directions below.
- On the chromebooks, students will log into Ready Hub and then click the MackinVia icon.
- Click the eBooks tab on the left.
- There are several eBooks listed, along with Britannica E-STAX, EBSCO eBooks, Follett Shelf (the same titles in Destiny Discover), and TumbleBookCloud. You will have to click load more on the bottom to see all 25 listings.
- TumbleBookCloud has fiction, non-fiction, drama/poetry, enhanced books, graphic novels, vidoes, AP English, and audio books.