Dear Henry Ford Families,
Thank you for joining us at the Valentine's Dance. It was great to see the Henry Ford Community come together to make a special night for all of our students. A special thanks to the many families that donated food, drinks, glow sticks, as well as their personal time; setting up, selling food and cleaning up.
Thank you to the Boy Scouts (troop 321) and the Young Men's Service League, as well as Henry Ford families for working on the garden over break. Our hugelkulturs, which are raised plant beds made from decaying wood debris and other compostable biomass plant materials, are coming together beautifully. The students are going to have a great time working on their projects. See photo below.
The next few months are busy! In addition to regular instruction, our students who are designated English Language Learners will be taking the ELPAC (English Language Proficiency Assessment for California), and our students in grades 3rd through 5th take the CAASPP (California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress). Both assessments are important and being in school on a regular basis is the best way to ensure growth.
Parent/Teacher conferences are taking place the week of Monday, 3/20 - Friday, 3/24. Please note that we will be on a minimum day schedule all week to accommodate conferences.
Conferences are an opportunity to get to know your child's teacher, learn about their academic and social emotional progress, as well as ask questions and share any information that you feel the teacher should know about your child. Translation is available upon request. Below are a few tips to help make your conference a valuable experience:
Before the conference:
- Ask your child how they feel about school and invite them to attend the conference.
- Ask your child if there is anything that they want you to talk about with their teacher.
- Tell your child that you and the teacher are meeting to help them.
- Make a list of topics that you want to talk about with the teacher.
- Prepare a list of questions.
During the conference:
- Be on time (or early) for the meeting
- End the meeting on time. Other parents will probably have a conference after yours.
- Stay calm during the conference.
- Ask the most important questions first.
- If your child receives intervention, ask about your child's progress.
- Ask for explanations of anything you don't understand.
- Ask your child's teacher for ways that you can help your child at home.
- Thank the teacher.
- Talk about the conference with your child.
- Talk about the positive points, and be direct about problems.
- Tell your child about any plans you and the teacher created.
- Keep in touch with the teacher during the school year.
Monday 3/20 - Friday 3/34Minimum days all week for Parent/Teacher Conferences.
Kinder: 1:00 Dismissal
1st - 5th: 1:30 Dismissal
Scholastic Book Fair
Classes will visit the book fair during their library block.
The book fair will also be open after school until 3:00.
to the 185 students with Perfect Attendance the month of February! Students with perfect attendance are honored with a ribbon and a Friday Celebration the first Friday of each month.
COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Reporting Form for Students with COVID /Forma para reporter que su hijo/a tiene COVID:
Redwood City School District is following recommendations from the San Mateo County Office of Education’s COVID-19 Safe Schools Framework. You can find our District’s 2022-23 protocols at https://www.rcsdk8.net/our-stories-and-initiatives/2022-23-covid-protocols-in-rcsd-schools
Henry Ford Yearbooks can be ordered here: https://tr5.treering.com/create-account/101456358697603
AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT
Keep a look out for our new winter enrichment classes being offered on ClassDojo.Thanks to a generous grant, most of our classes are free to all families. Please contact Ms.Crawford for more information.
Our district is working hard to create balanced lunches that include whole grains, protein, fruits and vegetables. As such, we ask that you avoid sending sugary treats to school to celebrate your child's birthday and consider healthy options or non-editable items such as pencils, erasers or fidget toys.
Student Safety: Please use the crosswalk and avoid making u-turns in the middle of the street.
Henry Ford Parent & Student Handbook:
School Breakfast/Lunch Menu
After School Programs:
Catalyst Kids: BHuss@catalystkids.org
Henry Ford School
Henry Ford is a neighborhood school that celebrates the diversity of its kindergarten through fifth grade students. Our commitment is to meet the needs of all students by providing the academic, social, and emotional successes that are essential to the development of a child's potential.
Location: 2498 Massachusetts Avenue, Redwood City, CA 94061, USA