Vaughan Family News & Notes
We want to give a BIG shout out to all of our parent volunteers who have put in countless hours working to get the PTSA and Foundation room moved to a new room. These volunteers have also helped with bulletin boards throughout the school. Thank you!
Remaining Summer Office Hours:
July 10-24: 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
July 25-31: 7:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Closed July 14
Email will continue to be the best way to reach the office until regular school hours return.
Front office clerks return July 18.
Please click the link for your child's grade level supply list:
First grade: https://tinyurl.com/mwwmcf9f
Second grade: https://tinyurl.com/2n5kumue
Third grade: https://tinyurl.com/24k5fny3
Fourth grade: https://tinyurl.com/2ndzy4dw
Fifth grade: https://tinyurl.com/4ura5s73
🚌 BIG CHANGE - Afternoon Dismissal Part 1
Beginning July 10, you can set your child's daily dismissal via ParentVue! Please follow the directions in the GoSafe User Guide to set transportation for 2023-24: https://tinyurl.com/mvbrvxsm
- You no longer have to make a phone call, send an email, or write a note for daily dismissal changes!
- We need 100% of our Vaughan families to set their child's daily dismissal by July 28.
- You can make changes to your child's daily dismissal any time through ParentVue!
- Beginning August 1, we will not be able to accept dismissal changes via phone call, email, or note.
🚗 BIG CHANGE - Afternoon Dismissal Part 2
New process for car rider dismissal will be implemented between August 14 and September 5!
- Ever lose your car rider tag? Need a neighbor to pick up your child but they don't have your car rider tag? GoSafe solves those problems!
- When you set your child's daily dismissal in ParentVue, please print or save the Dismissal Bar Code (https://tinyurl.com/yc28prsn).
- As the enrolling adult, you can share this bar code at any time with anyone you choose!
- We will utilize our regular printed car rider tags until full implementation. We will provide updates & a final implementation date ASAP.
Popsicles on the Playground & School Tour - July 21!
Come join us on the intermediate playground for popsicles, reconnecting with old friends, and making new ones! We will meet and mingle from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
We will host a brief school tour for new families at 10 a.m. Please meet at the bus port (school entrance near the playground on Antioch Road) or front lobby (entrance by the flag pole on Nichols Road).
Bus Ride Along-July 28
Kindergarten and first graders are invited to take a ride along with your bus driver! This is a great opportunity to get your child acquainted with riding the bus.
Buses will follow their normal morning route on July 28, picking up your child at their regularly scheduled pick-up time at their regular bus stop (posted later in July). Kindergarten and first grade students and their parents can ride the bus to school and then the bus will return you home. Check out this link for more information about the bus: Here Comes the Bus (cobbk12.org)
Meet and Greet-July 28
We can't wait to welcome you to the 2023-24 school year! Join us at Meet and Gree to meet your teacher; drop off school supplies in your classroom; sign up for ASP; add funds to your lunch account; join PTSA; learn all about our Foundation; and sign up for after school clubs!
To help with parking, please attend at your assigned time:
Last names A-L 8:30-9:30
Last names M-Z 9:30-10:30
Vaughan Elementary School
Vaughan Vision: An innovative learning community achieving academic excellence for all.
Vaughan Mission: Engage-Inspire-Achieve
Facebook: Vaughan Elementary School