A Message from Principal Stephens
Dear Patterson Families,
Character education is an essential component of Patterson’s mission to teach the whole child. Each month we celebrate a different character trait as outlined by "The Be Kind People Project" by sharing ways to practice each trait with friends and family. Teachers and staff celebrate along with the students by recognizing students for their positive behaviors with our “Be Kind” tickets.
This month we are celebrating the Be Kind Focus – Be A Friend. We are so proud of our students’ commitment to kindness and friendship. We always look forward to seeing students showing each other positive traits around campus, in the hallways, and on the playground. Our staff looks forward to recognizing students for positive behavior each day.
Our students and staff value character education and the belief that having good character is the root of all success. Ask your child about the Be Kind focus of the month and share with each other ways to demonstrate that trait! It will be fun.
Chandler Education Foundation Winner's Choice Raffle
Hi Patterson Families,
It's time again for the annual Chandler Education Foundation Winner's Choice Raffle! You can buy your tickets online at cef-raffle.com or at the school office. Tickets are $20.00 each.
The grand prize drawing is on March 11th for the winner's choice of $27,000 toward the purchase of a new Toyota or $20,000 cash.
Be sure to designate Patterson on the online form; our school earns a portion of your donation. You can also purchase tickets with cash or a check in the office.
Please call the school office if you have any questions. 480-224-3600.
National School Counseling Week
National School Counseling Week is February 6th -10th to focus public attention on the unique contribution of school counselors within U.S school systems. National School Counseling Week, sponsored by the ASCA, highlights the tremendous impact school counselors can have in helping students achieve school success and plan for a career.
Ms. Hufford's Library Corner
Our year in the Patterson library is off to a running start. Birthday Book Club invitations have gone out to students with January, February and March birthdays. Cash or check donations and forms are due on 2/14 and the event will be on Friday, February 17. If you need to print a new slip/invitation, feel free to visit the library website at: https://www.cusd80.com/Page/29315
The week of February 27 - March 3 we will be celebrating Read Across America week with fun dress up themes. (see themes below) Your child's classroom teacher may be inviting "mystery readers" to pop in and share a favorite story with the class.
I challenge you to mark the week on your calendars and get involved. Consider some "reading themed family fun" you could add to your routine for the week. Share your photos and ideas with me through email. We would love to post on our social media accounts! Here are some fun ideas you might try:
- A family read aloud short chapter book
- 1 day with no TV or devices
- Breakfast for dinner - and read Green Eggs and Ham
- Take a trip to the public library together and EVERYONE chooses! Your kids might be interested in what you like to read too!
- Check out an e-book from the public library and read it together on a tablet
- Let your kids read in bed with a flashlight
- Read outside- on a blanket or a cozy chair
- Choose a biography to read about one of your heroes
- Make a recipe from a kids cookbook
- Read a "finance" themed book with your kids https://www.investopedia.com/best-finance-books-for-children-5095583
News from CUSD's Food and Nutrition Department
· February 13th: Celebrate with us tomorrow! Stop by the cafeteria for a special breakfast Friendship Day Donut! And if you eat school lunch tomorrow, you’ll receive a free Friendship Day Sugar Cookie with your meal! ***Students will need to pay for the special breakfast Friendship Day Donut unless they are on the free/reduced program***
· February 20th: Do you know if you’re eligible for free or reduced-price school meals? Were you eligible last year? Applications for free or reduced-price school meals must be submitted each school year. Visit myschoolapps.com to complete an application.
· Another ACE Giveaway is coming up on February 15th! On Wednesday, February 15th, 3rd graders that eat school lunch will have the opportunity to receive a fun give-away item with their meal (while supplies last). The lunch price is $3.00 and can be paid with cash, check, or student account. To view the planned menu, go to https://schools.mealviewer.com/district/chandlerunifiedschooldistrict80. Visit us at www.cusd80.com/cusdnutrition for more information about our meal programs!
February Dates to Remember
Wednesday February 1st-Site Council Meeting in Library 3:30pm-4:00pm
Thursday February 2nd -5th/6th Grades Picnic Style Lunch on BB courts
Thursday February 2nd- 5th Grade Challenge Island in MPR 12:30pm-2:30pm
Friday February 3rd- PTO Sweet Treat-What's Poppin
Monday February 6-February 10-PTO Valentine Gram Sales
Monday February 6-February 10-School Counselor's Week
Tuesday February 7-4th Grade Jazz Assembly in MPR 9:30am-10:30am
Wednesday February 8th- Spring Pictures
Monday February 13-Student Council Convention
Wednesday Feb 15th- Parent Teacher Conferences-Early Release for students at 11:40am
Wednesday Feb 15th- AAA Awards Ceremony at Chandler Center for the Arts
Thursday Feb 16th- Parent Teacher Conferences-Early Release for Students at 11:40am
Thursday February 16th- PTO Teacher Conference Meal
Friday February 17th -Birthday Book Club Celebration
Monday February 20th- President's Day - No School
Wednesday February 22nd-Horton Play (K and 1st) in MPR 9:00am-10:00am
Wednesday February 22nd-Choral Festival Field Trip to CCA 9:00am-1:30pm
Monday February 27th-PTO P4P begins today and runs thru Friday March 3rd
Monday February 27-Friday March 3rd-Reas Across America Spirit Week
Monday February 27th-Wear your Favorite Color
Monday February 27th -Pride Picnic in MPR 10:30am-1:00pm
Tuesday February 28th - Crazy Hair Day
Tuesday February 28th-Agriculture in Kinder classrooms 8:45am-10:30am
March Dates to Remember
Wednesday March 1st-Wear your Pajamas
Thursday March 2nd- Wear a Fun Hat
Thursday March 2nd-Choir Concert in MPR 6:30pm-7:30pm
Friday March 3rd- Wear your Mismatched Patterns
Tuesday March 7th-Elementary District Track Meet at Payne JHS 9:30am-1:00pm
Wednesday March 8th-1st Grade Field Trip to Phoenix Zoo
Thursday March 9th-4th Grade Field Trip to AZ Sonoran Desert Museum
Thursday March 9th-6th Grade Pride Party in MPR 1:30pm-3:00pm
Thursday March 9th- PTO Zoyo Frozen Yogurt Restaurant Night
Friday March 10th-Patterson Field Day
Monday March 13th-Monday March 27th-Spring Intersession --NO School
Monday March 27th-PTO Teacher Welcome Back Snack
Tuesday March 28th- Students Return
Tuesday March 28th-Pride Picnic on Stage in MPR 10:30am-1:00pm
Friday March 31st-PTO Nominations
Patterson Elementary School
Office Phone: 480-224-3600
Attendance Line: 480-224-3603
Click Here for the Patterson Website
8:15 am - Students may arrive to campus
8:35 am - First Bell
8:40 am - Instruction Begins (students are tardy after 8:40)
3:10 pm - Dismissal