The CityLab Connect
Week of October 3rd, 2022
Message from the CityLab Librarian
My name is Laurie DeWalt, and I am the Library Media Specialist at CityLab High School. This is my 30th year in education and my 4th year at CityLab. Many of your students come to my library for a variety of reasons including technology assistance. So this letter will address a few technology topics.
I am happy to report that CityLab is at 100% 1:1 technology, which means all of our students have a district laptop. Please encourage your student to care for their technology. This includes; but is not limited to,keeping track of their chargers, not vandalizing their laptop, and always carrying their laptop by the base and not the screen.
We are very fortunate to begin our second year with Verizon Innovative Learning Schools. This program provides 30 GB hotspots for your student. This is completely free. Parents and students need to sign some paperwork, and then the hotspot will be issued. See below for more information.
Did you know your student has a district email? They are able to send and receive emails with their district account. If your student assures you that they know how to access their district email, have them send you an email! If they do not know how to access it, tell them to stop by the library for a quick lesson and/or a how-to handout.
I want your student to have the best experience at CityLab, and that includes having up to date and working technology. Encourage them to let me know if they are having any difficulties.
As always, please contact me if you have any questions. My email is email@example.com and my office phone is 972/749-2730.
Schedule for week of 10/3/2022
Monday, Oct. 3-A Day
Tuesday, Oct. 4-B Day
Wednesday, Oct. 5-A Day
Thursday, Oct. 6-B Day
Friday, Oct. 7-No School
Campus Drop Off and Pick Up
School day is from 9:10 AM to 4:30 PM.
All students will enter and exit through the front door located on S. Ervay St.
All students will go through a security check prior to entering the building.
- Bus drop off/pick up will be at the front of CityLab High School on S. Ervay St.
- Bus drop off and pick up times vary for each route. Please refer to either the CityLab website or the Dallas ISD website for specific route times.
- Parent/Guardian student drop off/pick up will be on the side of CityLab High School on Corsicana. Please follow CityLab monitor instructions during drop off/pick up.
Please do not to park for pick up opposite the buses on Ervay or on Corsicana west of Ervay.
- Student dropped off begins at 8:15 AM on Corsicana.
- Parent/Guardian student pick up will be on Corsicana with parents/guardians lining up starting at 4:25 PM. For quick and efficient pick up, we ask that parent do not park in the spaces on Corsicana.
Students will not be realeased for early pick up after 4 PM.
10/13-End of first 9 weeks
10/17-Second 9 weeks begins