Another year has come to an end. We are so thankful that this year was much of a "return to normal" after several years that were altered by the pandemic. With that came many amazing learning experiences, including field trips, guest presenters, intramurals, buddy reading, and many other things that bring excitement and motivational learning to the school. It was a great year and we look forward to a much-deserved rest this summer.
We say goodbye to a few people at the end of the year. It is always sad to see people move on, but still wish them all the best in their future endeavors:
- Ms. Anna Hocking has been at Elmdale for most of the past several years, covering a variety of roles including itinerant teacher, grade 1 and grade 3. Ms. Hocking has been flexible to cover wherever needed and we are grateful to what she brought to Elmdale. We wish her all the best as she moves on to other adventures.
- Several of our EA's have completed term contracts this June and we wish them all the best - including Ms. Annie Wall, Ms. Sarah Janzen, Mrs. Sacha Kornelsen, Mrs. Ann Teichroeb, Mrs. Robyn Gillings and Ms. Debbie Goertzen. We thank them for their hard work over the past school year and wish them all the best. Who knows, we may even see them back here again next year.
We want to express a special thank you to all of our Elmdale families for all of your support throughout the past year. Education is a joint effort that is most successful when we have collaborative and supportive relationships with families. We thank you for working together with the school and with your child's teachers to make this another great year.
We want to wish our grade 4 students all the best as they move on to middle school. We will miss you next year, but know that you'll do great things in your next school!
Have a great summer! See you in fall!
Mr. Vince Hiebert
Principal: Elmdale School
Goodbye Buckets... Hello Umbrellas!
The Umbrella Project is based on the idea that there will be storms in our lives that come, but when we learn to prepare for these storms, we have the skills to get through them. Each month we will focus on one of the Umbrella Skills, through assemblies, class lessons, school activities, etc. to teach the Umbrella Skills to all of our Elmdale Students.
Kids with a full umbrella of coping skills:
- respond with grit, resilience, and empathy.
- show kindness to others while still caring for themselves.
- are intrinsically motivated to reach their goals while practicing self-compassion when they fall short of their own expectations.
- actively practice mindfulness and gratitude.
- contribute to healthy families, schools, and communities.
A child’s umbrella is made up of things they CAN CONTROL in the face of circumstances that they CAN’T – and we will work together to learn how to strengthen our umbrella skills!
More information can be found HERE!
Class placements for the 2023-2024 school year will be included in the June Report Card for students going into grade 1-4. Students going into grade 5 can access their teacher information on Parent Portal starting on August 31, 2023. Please contact the middle school if you have any questions regarding your child's placement for grade 5.
Meet the Teacher
Information for signing up for Meet The Teacher appointments will be sent out by email in late August.
Emerald Fehr 1J; Heidi Wipf 1M; Artemij Warmut 2G; Leyam Barley 2E; Sofiia Kocharian 3H; Beau Nielsen-Peters 3F; Samantha Greenham 3/4B; Sophia Lessard 4M; Peyton Martens 4T; Caiden Barnes 1J; Princess Ramel 1M; Sjay Chartrand 2G; Wyatt Dunkley 2E; Niklaus Hawbaker 3H; Nolan Funk 3F; Viktoriia Balakhchy 3/4B; Kyle Buquel 4M; Jinesha Patel 4T; Shaun Das Gupta 1J; Lilliane Zelmer 1M; Merik Hiebert 2E; Brooklyn Cereceda 2G; Khalel Dela Cruz 3F; Cayden Gross 3F; Roran Winkler 3H; Like Silong 3H; Elijah Fehr; Keagan Gunn 3/4B; Brody Marmus 3/4B; Alarie Loeppky 4M; Shiloh Ginter 4M; Coen Wipf 4M; Macy Munoz; Jackson Hamelin; Amy Harder; Sawyer Grahn.
6 Day School Cycle
For the most part this doesn't affect families (other than kindergarten), and we expect a smooth transition. Please make sure to keep an eye on the divisional calendar indicating the days of the school cycle. Calendar links and paper copies will be sent home in September.
Hanover Parent and Child Community Program
Local Opportunities for Kids!
Jake Epp Library Summer Programs
"Soup's On" School Lunches
Bus Times, Routes & Address Changes
If your address has changed, please call transportation at 204-320-2347 to make sure that your children are riding the correct bus to and from school.