AIS Friday Flash-Special Edition
Friday, March 27, 2020
Most Recent COVID-19 Communiqué
Please refer to the COVID Communiqué #7 sent out on Wed., 3/25. All COVID related updates can also be found at the bottom of the AIS homepage and the COVID-19 Information & Updates page. To summarize:
- AIS is currently at a RISK LEVEL 4 (HIGH RISK)
- The AIS campus is closed to non-essential staff through March 30th, 2020 and to all students and families through at least April 13th, 2020. This campus closure may be extended.
- The AIS campus is closed to all outside rentals, vendors, and contacts through at least April 13th.
- AIS will launch AIS Distance Learning on Wednesday, April 1st. In preparation for this, March 30th and 31st will be teacher workdays.
- All Afterschool Activities will be canceled until further notice.
- All field trips are suspended until further notice.
- AIS cleaning crews are completing a multi-week cleaning and disinfection process during the school's closure.
Distance Learning Information from the Pedagogical Leadership Team
As mentioned, distance learning will begin on Wed., April 1st. Here is the email sent from the Principals this week with more information about our distance learning program. Stay tuned for more information next week as well. For students in Cycles 1 and 2 (PS through CE2), your point-of-contact for distance learning matters will be Ms. Audrey, the Lower School Principal. For students in Cycles 3 and 4 (CM1 through 4e), your point-of-contact will be Ms. Emily, the Upper School Principal. For any questions regarding the general functioning of the school during the COVID-19 pandemic, you may feel free to reach out to Jacques directly.
How are you doing? How are you keeping your kids engaged? Are you finding time for yourselves to unwind? We would love for you to share photos of your experiences and at-home learning. You may add a google doc with a quick anecdote or story, post a cool video, or upload family and student pictures here on our AIS Community at Home. As you share, we will pass some of it along here over the upcoming weeks to help us stay connected with each other.
At Home Resources
Your educators will share more resources next week, but here are a couple of cool resources you can check out from home to educate and entertain.
- The Thinkery at Home - awesome activities and read alongs
- TEG Virtual Field Trips - Lost at the Smithsonian
- Panda Cam! - The Atlanta Zoo
- Solar System Exploration - NASA
- Live Virtual Concerts
- Chrome Music Lab
- Free online baking & cooking classes: Bake Austin (login through Facebook)
- Yoga & Mindfulness for Kids & Teens - YogaEd
Enrollment Deadlines for 2020-2021 Extended
We understand that priorities are on the day to day during this time and in adjusting to new routines in the ever-evolving COVID landscape. We are here for you and will be here for the 2020-2021 school year. Please review the email sent on Monday regarding re-enrollment.
- The Early Commitment period (discounted tuition) originally set to end on 3/31 has been extended through 4/5.
- Deposits usually due upon processing have been extended to 4/30.
- Please reach out to April or Mathilde if you have individual circumstances to discuss.
Instructions for registration:
- Log into your Family Portal (ParentsWeb)
- Access the "Apply/Enroll" feature on the left scroll bar, then click "Enrollment/Re-enrollment".
- Click on the "Click here to open enrollment" message on the right to begin. You may find the school calendar for next year and the tuition schedule here.
Save the Dates
We have postponed or canceled many upcoming events. We will keep you updated if we are able to reschedule.
- Progress Reports disseminated-(new date TBD)
- 4/2 PTO Coffee-canceled
- 4/3 Board of Directors Coffee-canceled
- 4/3 PTO Spring Picnic-canceled
- 4/7 Maternelle Learning Journey-canceled (new date TBD)
- 4/9 Parent-Teacher Conferences--canceled (new date/mode TBD)
- 4/10 Parent-Teacher Conferences-canceled (new date/mode TBD)