Newsletter Term 3 Week 8
West Park School - 17th August 2021
16 September, 2021
Kia ora, Talofa, Kia orana,
Greetings Parents, Grandparents and Caregivers,
It has been wonderful having everyone back at school, schools are so much nicer with kids in them.
Also, thank you for the way that so many of you engaged with the school’s online teaching and learning programmes. The time, thought and effort put in by staff into their online programmes was well rewarded by the many kids and families who through their engagement made the entire experience highly effective for all involved.
Please note that the following important notes communicated last week continue to apply:
· All adults or non-West Park School students entering the school grounds between 8am and 3.30pm are required to sign in and out using either the Covid-19 registration tab on the school’s app, the NZ COVID Tracer App, or by physically signing in an out at our main gates.
· All parents and or visitors on school grounds between 8am and 3.30pm are required to wear a mask.
· Please utilise the COVID-19 Check-in function on the school’s App.
· Under Alert Level 2, we advise any students and staff to stay at home if they are sick, and we will send anyone home immediately if they show any symptoms.
· Students are all expected to regularly use the provided sanitizer
· All students are involved in helping to clean classrooms between 2.45 and 3.00 on a daily basis.
· Staff continue to emphasise the importance of:
o Good hand hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette
o Staying away if sick
o Keeping the appropriate physical distance from others
o Cleaning and disinfecting our high touch surfaces daily
o Good classroom ventilation
· While physical distancing is not a requirement in schools, we do our best to keep students from congregating in very large numbers and keeping spaces well-ventilated.
· Face coverings are not required to be worn in school. The Director General of Health has recommended that children 12 years+ wear a face covering at school – just as older children are required to wear face coverings in some other places. The decision to wear a face covering is up to you and your whānau, whatever your decision it will be respected.
· Please observe social distancing practices when congregating at school crossings with student road patrollers
· Respiratory viruses can travel through spaces far more easily than first thought so the school will be following all Ministry of Health recommendations to ensure a safe working and learning environment for students and staff
Thank you for your continued support for all we are doing to keep our children and community safe.
Take care – stay safe - Wash your hands, practice physical distancing, wear face masks as required, QR scan, stay home if sick and get yourself vaccinated.
Newsletter Proudly Sponsored by
As we were plunged into a second nationwide lockdown it didn't slow families at West Park down. Check out some of the cool things that families got up to keep themselves busy and spend quality time together.
Ella, Holly and Thomas
Jayda Waaka, Tawhaki Winitana and Kymaani Waaka-Tua
Check out this video of the Day family doing 'bumper cars' on the trampoline in the sunshine. Looks like so much fun!
Vivienne and William Wong
A special message to teachers from Aarvi Mahajan
Upcoming School Dates
Monday, 13 September - Dental Van onsite for several weeks
Monday, 27 September - BoT meeting @ 6.15pm in Rooms 14/15
Friday, 1 October - Last day of Term 3
Monday, 18 October - First day of Term 4
Friday, 22 October - Years 4-6 Athletics Day
Monday, 25 October - Labour Day (School closed)
Friday, 29 October - PP date: Years 4-6 Athletics Day
Monday, 15 November - BoT meeting @ 6.15pm in ooms 14/15
Wednesday, 1 December - Year 5/6 Camp
Monday, 13 December - BoT meeting @ 6.15pm in Rooms 14/15
Thursday, 17 December - Last Day of term 4 – finish 12.45pm
Location: 97 Broderick Road, Johnsonville, Wellington 6037, New Zealand
Phone: +64 (04) 478 7074
Unfortunately due to the recent Covid about break and the time spent in Levels 2, 3 and 4 as well as the ongoing closure of Keith Spry Pool all school swimming lessons and school and zone swim sports for 2021 have had to be cancelled. Hopefully we will have better luck next year and be able to conduct swimming lessons for all grades as well as hold the swim sports event.
Registration is now open for Term 4 miniball on Kindo. Registration closes on Tuesday 21st September. The Term 4 dates are as follows:
Year 3/4 play on Mondays between 3.20 and 6-50pm from 1st Nov - 13 Dec (7 weeks).
Year 5/6 play on Tuesdays between 3.20 and 6-50pm from 2nd Nov - 14 Dec (7 weeks).
All games are played at Nairnville Rec Centre.
Registrations close on 21st September.
An email will be sent home in Week 9 regarding registration for Term 4 Touch Rugby.
All games are held at Alex More Oval on Mondays and will run from 1st - 6th Dec (6 weeks). Registration will close on 28th September.
West Park Athletics Days
Seniors (Years 4-6) - Friday 22nd October (pp. Friday 29th October)
(The Northern Zone Competition (years 4-6) will be on Monday the 15th November (pp.
22 November) for those who qualify.
Junior (Years 1-3) - Friday 19th November (pp. Friday 26 November)