St. Helena Primary School
Address: 1701 Grayson Avenue, St. Helena
It is hard to believe that the summer is ending and we are about to start school! Whether you are new to SHPS or a returning family, we are excited to see your children next week! I hope you all had a wonderful summer and that you were able to enjoy your family.
My family and I were able to get away to Tahoe and Idaho. Any time spent in the sun and water is good for us!
For those of you who don't know me, I am excited to begin my third year as Principal at SHPS. I have three children. My son Jerry will be a Senior at SHHS. My middle daughter attends school in Sonoma County, and my youngest will be an 8th grader at RLS. It feels like it was just a few years ago that they started Kindergarten! These are precious years that we truly cherish with your children.
St. Helena Primary School / Homepage
To view this website in a language other than English, click the 'Select Language' button at the top of this page. Para ver este sitio web en un idioma que no sea inglés, haga clic en el botón 'Seleccionar idioma' en la parte superior de esta página.
First Day of School
Also, we encourage parents to say goodbye to their students on the playground, especially on the first day of school. Oftentimes, if you have a nervous child, walking them to the classroom door can cause more anxiety. We hope you can join us in the Cafeteria for coffee, a chance to mingle with other parents, and chat with our Principal.
First Week of School
Monday, August 7th:
- Class lists posted outside the main office, 4:30pm
- Popsicles for all students! (Sponsored by Parent/Teacher Group)
- New Student Orientation/Campus Tour (for NEW 1st and 2nd grade students), 5pm
- Sneak-a-Peek (TK/K students meet their teacher, and see their classroom) while parents have a "meeting" with the Principal, 4:30pm
- Parent Mixer & Coffee Chat with the Principal, 8:40am
- Students dismissed at 1:30pm (Minimum Day)
Resources for getting your child back on a healthy sleep routine
5 recomendaciones para que tus hijos vuelvan a dormir temprano después de vacaciones - Instituto Europeo del Sueño
Las primeras semanas siguientes después de las vacaciones pueden resultar una tortura para padres e hijos pero se puede mejorar Terminaron los días de diversión en los que los horarios eran flexibles para ir a dormir y levantarse en la mañana. Es momento de volver a la escuela y recuperar los buenos hábitos de sueño.
Welcome New Staff!
- Courtney Johnson is our new Special Day Class teacher. She taught in Cloverdale last year but is originally from Georgia!
- Colette Barrio is our new Special Education Para-Professional, who is joining us from Middletown!
- Maria Avina is our new District Social Worker, who has worked at several schools in Santa Rosa and has also had her own private therapy practice.
SHPS School Schedule
10:10 - 10:25am: Recess
11:45am - 12:30pm: TK/K Lunch
11:50am - 12:35pm: 1st/2nd Grade Lunch
1:50pm: TK Dismissal
1:55-2:10pm: Afternoon Recess (K-2nd)
Wednesday Dismissal: 1:30pm (All students)
Regular Dismissal (K-2): 2:55pm
Back to School Night
School Breakfast and Lunch
All students can continue to receive free breakfast and lunch at school through the California Universal Meals Program. We are so fortunate that our Food and Nutrition department provides such high-quality, delicious food for them! Menus will be emailed to families soon!