The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School Newsletter - May 27, 2022
Hello Saint Kateri School families!
A HUGE thank you for everyone in our SKS community that helped make our Walk-A-Thon this year a great family friendly event this year and one that raised much needed funds for our playground and our P.E. program. The planning for this event began in September 2021 and ran right up until Walk-A-Thon day ~ so many parent volunteers (It feels SO good to have our parents back!) and faculty and staff working outside of their work day ~ all for our school! You will find the winning bids below ~ Parent's Association is tabulating the Walk-A-Thon pledge counts to be able to announce Top Sellers next week! I can't wait to find out who will be Principal for the Day!
As we look ahead to next year I would like to wish Godspeed to Miss Sofia as she moves onto other opportunities next year. At SKS our fall will bring new excitement and a new teacher to 4th grade. We have also made the decision to departmentalize 4th and 5th grade ELA, Math, Social Studies and Science. Departmentalizing will allow our students to have consistency between 4th and 5th grade with a teacher that knows them from one year to the next. Mrs. Steele, our 5th grade teacher, is already busy preparing for the changes to our Intermediate program. She will be instructing 4th and 5th grade Math next year in an effort to streamline productivity, allow for deep dives into the material, and increase consistency across the program. Exciting things happening at SKS next year!
Food for thought ~ next year we will be bringing back After School Clubs ~ if you have a passion that you would like to share with our students please contact me directly. I am putting together a "Hands of Christ" Club that would focus on hands-on activities and experiences where children lead the way to be Christ for others. Helping children connect their faith to action is my passion ~
A flyer will go home next week with information about a fall musical at SKS. Mrs. Dinsmore has put together an musical theatre opportunity and before we move forward we would like to gauge the level of interest from our SKS community. Exciting happenings!
Have a great Memorial Day weekend and Thank you for all you do for SKS and our students ~ our families are the heart of SKS!
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Lord Hear Our Prayer
Please pray for the following people in our Saint Kateri community ~
- All those in our Saint Kateri School community
- Sra. Graciela
- Mrs. Wasnock's mother
- Robert Frusci
Notify the Main Office if you wish to add anyone to this prayer intention list.
Reminders from the Main Office
- Please help us keep the children safe by being extra cautious driving around our school campus ~ and patiently waiting your turn in the Car Line.
- June 30th is the last day for Early Bird registration for Extended Care. The registration fee will increase to $75
SKS Seabreeze Day!
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- 5/31: Last Quiet Mass (3rd/K)
- 6/1: NYS 4th grade ELA Field Test
- 6/3: Kindergarten Screening
- 6/6: NYS 4th grade Science Written test
- 6/7: Kindergarten School Mass at 9:00am
- 6/8: Last day to purchase Sea Breeze tickets
- 6/10: Last day for school Hot Lunches and Milk
- 6/10: Last day for uniforms (K-5)
- 6/11: SKS Sea Breeze Day
- 6/13: Preschool Field Day
- 6/14: Flag Day Prayer Service at 9:00am (outside ~ weather permitting)
- 6/15: Kindergarten Celebration (10:00am)
- 6/16: Three Year Old Moving Up Celebration (10:00am)
- 6/17: Q4 ends
- 6/17: Juneteenth Prayer Service (8:45am)
- 6/17: Four Year Old Moving Up Celebration (10:00am)
- 6/17: 5th grade Luncheon (12:30pm)
- 6/17: 5th grade Ceremony (7:00pm)
- 6/20: No School Juneteenth Freedom Day
- 6/21: K-5 Field Day and Picnic
- 6/22: Promise Prayer Service (10:00am)
- 6/22: Last day of school for students ~ Happy Summer!
Last day for School Uniforms is June 10th
Please contact the Main Office if you would like to help with the Used Uniform Sale. The hours needed for coverage are below ~ plus some set-up and tear down time. It would be fun to do with a friend!
and the winner is!
- Teachers will be contacting their Teacher Experience winners soon to coordinate the date and time for the FUN to happen.
- Silent Auction Basket winners can come to the SKS Main Office to pick up their baskets.
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Music Teacher for a Day: Julie O'Grady
Arts and Crafts Afternoon with Ms. Tabor: Linda Childs
Cupcake "Dessert Bunch" with Mrs. Connor: Kimberly Palermo
Cupcake "Dessert Bunch" with Mrs. Connor: Terra Rivera
Cupcake "Dessert Bunch" with Mrs. Connor: Maria Ingrassia
Make a Stuffed Animal with Mrs. Gasic: Shawna Wagner
Playground and Popsicles with Mrs. Garbach-Blakey: Terra Rivera
PARENT’S ASSOCIATION 2021-2022
Hi SKS families!
We will be having our next Parent's Association Meeting:
- June 1st ~ 6:00-7:30pm
- In-Person in the SKS Gym
- All are welcome!
- Be CASE trained prior to volunteering (process can take up to two weeks)
- On March 2nd the mask mandate in schools was lifted. Masks are no longer required in school or school events unless there has been prior notification. We will continue to follow our other 2021-2022 COVID guidelines ~ social distancing and hand wash/sanitize frequently. (These guidelines are subject to change as guidance is updated.)
*We are no longer requiring volunteers to be fully vaccinated or to show proof of a negative COVID test in order to volunteer.