Franklin Academy Pembroke Pines K-8
What's Happening in November 2022?
The November Parent Calendar has been posted to our website
and sent to K-8 families via SwiftReach message.
Our website events calendar has also been updated
with the special events happening this month!
- The Code of Student Conduct, Policy 5.8, provides specific information regarding the rules that all students are expected to adhere to, as well as consequences for violations.
- Every school year, parents must acknowledge that they have reviewed the electronic copy of these rules by signing an acknowledgement form.
- Please be sure to return the completed paperwork, that your child brings home on Wednesday, November 2nd, 2022, to the homeroom teacher by Monday, November 7th, 2022.
Quarter 2 Clubs
Quarter 2 Clubs will begin on Tuesday, November 1st, 2022,
and will end on Friday, December 16th, 2022.
Spread the Love for Thanksgiving
Students are invited to donate items from the list above
to 'Spread the Love' and show thankfulness
by feeding those in need this Thanksgiving.
All donations will be gratefully received.
We appreciate your generosity to help those that may need it.
Make-up Picture Day
This Picture Day event is only for the following:
- Students who enrolled after Tuesday, September 15th, 2022, will be having their picture taken during this event;
- Students who purchased packages and would like to 'retake' their picture must return their original package and 'sit' for their portrait again.
Students must wear their regular uniform - PE uniforms are not permitted to be worn for their identification picture.
Thursday, Nov 3, 2022, 09:00 AM
Franklin Academy, 18800 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, FL, 33029 USA
Anti-Bullying Week will run from November 7th until November 11th. During this special week, great emphasis will be placed on the importance of being kind, respectful, and an upstander. It is a time to raise awareness on what bullying is, the effects of bullying, and safe ways to intervene. “Be an upstander, not a bystander!”
World Kindness Day
World Kindness Day is Friday, November 13th. This day is designed to promote kindness around the world and is meant to present us with the opportunity to reflect upon one of the most important and unifying human principles. This day is devoted to the positive potential of both large and small acts of kindness.
Observing Veterans Day
In observance of Veterans Day, our campus will be closed on Friday, November 11th, 2022 and classes will resume for students on Monday, November 14th, 2022, when our offices will also be open.
Veterans day Celebration
Due to Tropical Storm Nicole, the event was rescheduled for November 15th, and invited veterans are expect to attend and be honored for their service.
The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.” - Judd Gregg
Tuesday, Nov 15, 2022, 08:45 AM
Franklin Academy, 18800 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, FL, USA
menchie's Family Night
Tuesday, Nov 15, 2022, 02:00 PM
menchie's Cobblestone Plaza, next to Planet Fitness, at 14814 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, FL, 33027 USA
K-5 Character Counts!
Citizenship“I try to be a part of the solution for myself and my community.”
These elementary students stay informed, are cooperative, and respect authority. They do their share to make their home, school, and community better by obeying laws and rules. They understand the importance of protecting the environment, being a good neighbor, and voting in elections.
MYP IB Learners
Risk-taker “I like to try new things and ideas.”
These Grade 6-8/MYP Y1-Y3 students approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainty, with courage and forethought. They have the independence of spirit to explore new roles, ideas, and strategies. They are brave and articulate in defending their beliefs.
Student Assembly, By Invitation Only
Thursday, Nov 17, 2022, 08:45 AM
Franklin Academy, 18800 Pines Blvd, Pembroke Pines, FL, 33029 USA
No School For Students
On Monday, November 21st, 2022, students will begin their Thanksgiving Break and classes will resume on Monday, November 28th, 2022. We are wishing all our families a very Happy Thanksgiving and we look forward to seeing you when our students return.
Parent Academy: F.A.S.T. Progress Monitoring
Families are invited to attend our Parent Academy events focusing on F.A.S.T. Progress Monitoring. These grade-specific sessions are designed to help parents navigate our most important online resources/study tools and are presented in an interactive manner.
Due to Tropical Storm Nicole, the Parent Academy events
focusing on F.A.S.T. Progress Monitoring, originally scheduled for November 9th,
were moved to Wednesday, November 30th, 2022.
Please review the flyer below for specific rescheduled date and times.
These grade-specific sessions are designed to help parents
navigate our most important online resources/study tools
and are presented in an interactive manner.
Parent Academy: Service as Action
Tuesday, Nov 22, 2022, 06:00 PM
Franklin Academy, 18800 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, FL, 33029 USA
Interim Progress Reports
Interim Report Cards will be issued electronically on Friday, November 18th, 2022, to all parents/guardians via email and posted in parent/guardian PowerSchool accounts. (The report will be available to view and download for the next 30 days after receiving the information.)
2nd Annual - Fall Festival
In celebration of meeting this year's Boosterthon stretch goal, we are happy to announce our second annual Fall Festival! Our Fall Festival will be held on Friday, November 11th, 2022!
Field Day Shirts
Field Day Shirts can still be purchased for $15.00! A second order will be placed in December to arrive on time for Field Day. The Field Day Shirt Order Form ,along with the payment by personal check or money-order, should be made payable to Franklin Academy PTO.
Be on the lookout for your child's custom catalog
for our Square 1 Art Fundraiser!
Get a head start, and start ordering keepsakes and gifts
featuring your child's art online now!
Simply search for your child's art using Art Search,
and enter STATE, SCHOOL NAME, and your CHILD'S NAME.
Your child's art and code will appear,
and you may order your special keepsake items!
Make Orders by: Friday, December 9, 2022!
Accepting Applications for 2023-2024 School Year
- Franklin's first 2023-2024 enrollment window opens on Thursday, December 1st, 2022.
- Current Franklin students, are not required to submit a new enrollment application.
- The online application process is only for new/incoming Franklin students.
- If your current Franklin student has a sibling who does not yet attend Franklin, that sibling must have an application completed and submitted during the enrollment period for them.
- Franklin does offer a sibling preference. Please be sure to indicate that the applicant has a sibling who attends Franklin, along with the name of the current Franklin student/sibling, when completing the application.
- Franklin's first enrollment window will remain open until Tuesday, February 28th, 2022.
Intent to Return Process
- In January, 2023, current families attending Franklin Academy, will be asked to submit their child's "Intent to Return". Completing this process will indicate whether you intend for your child to return for the 2023-2024 school year or not.
- If your child is currently a Grade 8/MYP Y3 student attending one of our Broward K-8 campuses, they will have a 9th grade seat at our Pembroke Pines K-12 campus waiting for them to take in August, 2023, as long as their family secures the High School seat for their child during the “Intent to Return” process.